Sunday, June 20, 2010

Critters

Before I go on about the following photos, I want to let everyone who reads this in on a little secret. Many of you may already know this but for those of you who don't after reading this you will. I am making this blog post from the comfort of my own La-Z-boy recliner. We arrived home on Monday evening and have been trying to get back into the swing of things in the good ole USA. Kelly and I struggled with the decision to come home early, we were at pretty close to the end of our funds and were trying to decide if we should stay and try to make it or leave before we ran out and incurred some debt. It was when we found out that our son was struggling with being here on his own that we realized it was time for us to return home. If anyone has any questions or comments I will be happy to address them in person, in the mean time I would like to continue the blog and post the photos that I was not able to while in Africa. The lack of good Internet made it very difficult to keep this blog going. I would like to finish now while things are fresh in my mind.

Now onto the Critters! These grasshoppers were everywhere and they were more than willing to pose for me.

This is a great image to represent the circle of life, not sure what kind of bug we are looking at but I am glad they are not bigger than me!

Now that he is finished with lunch he is looking for dessert, glad he can't see me behind the camera.

There were also a lot of these caterpillars around.

This lady bug reminded me of home!

This guy is just plain UGLY!

Well I hope you enjoyed the photos, I have more that I will be posting soon. I am now having trouble with my Internet here at home. Hopefully I will be able to get it working proper soon.

Gary Phillips -AKA- Photoman

No comments:

Welcome to our blog.

This blog is an attempt to chronicle the things that God is doing for us and through us both here at home and while we are in Africa. We will be updating this blog weekly while we are home, Africa will be a different story. Due to unreliable electric and Internet we are not sure how often we will be able to but we plan to update daily if we are able.

If you would like to support us financially for this trip to Africa you can send checks to us through our church. Make Checks payable to Emmanuel Baptist Church with a note for West Africa Missions Outreach. Mailing address is 1120 S. Detroit St. Xenia, Ohio 45385 Phone is 937-372-5887.