Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Slow Week!

It has been a slow week, not really anything new to share with you this week. I expected this week to be slow since it is Christmas. The next few days I don't anticipate much activity as well but God could have a different idea than I do, guess I'll just have to wait and see. We have a very busy schedule ahead of us starting on the 3rd of January. Many speaking engagements that will keep us away from our church for the next 3 Sundays. Also some meetings during the weekdays as well. As of this moment there is only 33 days left before we are to leave, that is just under 5 weeks. God has brought in $12,000.00 in the past 4 weeks we need another $12,000.00 and we have 5 weeks to go. Can He do it? Do you really doubt Him? I don't doubt that He can do it, I am excited to see how He does it. Before I get ahead of myself, let me stop and say that I do believe He can do it, if it is His will that it be done. I trust that the plans that I have laid are in line with His but if not I trust that He will bring in the rest in His timing. The hard part is waiting to find out what His timing is. Well folks keep praying for us, He is working in our lives and we are doing our best to follow His leading. Pray that we are able to work out all of the many details that come with planning a trip like this, especially since we have never done anything like this. Pray that we will be able to get all of the loose ends here tied up before we are supposed to leave. We are not sure what all of the loose ends look like, my prayer is that God will not allow me to overlook something that will cause me hardship once I am gone. Hope your Christmas was wonderful and may your new year be the same.

Thanks for reading,

Gary Phillips

No comments:

Welcome to our blog.

This blog is an attempt to chronicle the things that God is doing for us and through us both here at home and while we are in Africa. We will be updating this blog weekly while we are home, Africa will be a different story. Due to unreliable electric and Internet we are not sure how often we will be able to but we plan to update daily if we are able.

If you would like to support us financially for this trip to Africa you can send checks to us through our church. Make Checks payable to Emmanuel Baptist Church with a note for West Africa Missions Outreach. Mailing address is 1120 S. Detroit St. Xenia, Ohio 45385 Phone is 937-372-5887.