Thursday, April 29, 2010

Flexibility is the Key!

Someone has asked me what is it that I am learning from this experience. At first I was not sure how to answer that question. After 3 months, I can now say that God is teaching us/me to be flexible. We all had certain expectations in our mind as to how this trip would go. Almost all of the expectations have been met but not in ways we had planned. All is good and God is even better, we are learning that it does not matter what plans we have because God always has a better one.

We are currently in Kpalime at the blind center where I have been working as planned. We are supposed to leave this Friday for Tsiko but God has anther plan so we will be staying in Kpalime a while longer. He needs me to oversee the construction of a new church in Agou. So we are going to stay in Kpalime until the 23rd and then if God allows us we will head to Tsiko.

Sorry that I do not have a photo for you but I am at the internet cafe and I do not have my hard drive with me. Hopefully the next post will have a photo for you.

I am learning to ride a moto (motorcycle)and how to crash one, luckily it was a minor spill. Morgan was with me so we both got our first case of road rash. Thankfully it was not serious and I took the brunt of the impact. We are both fine just a bunch of scrapes and a few bruises.

Could you please pray with us that at least half of our remaining support will come in in the next month or two? We are asking God to give us another $1500.00 to help us over the next 3 months of this trip.

God is great and we know that He has our backs,

Gary Phillips

2 comments:

Cheryl P OH said...

Praying for your support Gary. Thanks for taking the extra time and effort to keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

Dear Phillips Family,
Remember the Bible verse that God will give us the desire of our hearts. So many times we read this the wrong was and thing earthly desires, but as we spend more time with him what do we Desire. JUST more of HIM. So in the eternal context we do get the desires of our hearts. I think that our walk is alot like that we have plans and ideas of how He will answer our prayers and He looks on us, His beloved Children and smiles. Then does it HIS way; which is so much better than what we thought to begin with. Man plans his way and God directs his steps. I can hear that in your trip!
I wonder if you will be content back in the states now?
I have you on the prayer list at church but will add the specific requests.

God bless,
Sherri Lopez

Welcome to our blog.

This blog is an attempt to chronicle the things that God is doing for us and through us both here at home and while we are in Africa. We will be updating this blog weekly while we are home, Africa will be a different story. Due to unreliable electric and Internet we are not sure how often we will be able to but we plan to update daily if we are able.

If you would like to support us financially for this trip to Africa you can send checks to us through our church. Make Checks payable to Emmanuel Baptist Church with a note for West Africa Missions Outreach. Mailing address is 1120 S. Detroit St. Xenia, Ohio 45385 Phone is 937-372-5887.