Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Prayer Requests

I thought that I would share a couple of prayer requests with those of you who are taking the time to read our blog. I know that a few people are reading this and I hope you are keeping us in your prayers. We could really use some more churches to allow us to visit and share with their congregation about our trip. We also need to ship our barrel by next Wednesday, it will cost $250.00 to ship but we need to fill it with food which will cost around $800.00. We have the money to ship the barrel but we don't have enough to fill it. We are supposed to ship as much food up front as we can so that we have less to buy while we are in Africa. Pray that God will intervene in the next week and supply the food or the money to purchase it. These are our two biggest requests at this time, I could fill this blog with other things to pray about but for now these are the ones that are on my mind.

Here is a list of churhes that I have contacted and have tried to arrange an opportunity to share with. If your church is not listed please let me know and I will contact them. I have found that it is easier to get into a church if I have someone who is a member of that church asking for me. I will still personally contact the church but if someone in the congregation make the request on my behalf it helps immensely in getting me in the door. So I would ask if you see your church listed and I am not scheduled to speak, please contact your church and ask them to allow me in to share. We are not looking to fill the pulpit, just to have about 15 minutes to share with the congregation during a service.

APEX Church any region (I must be invited to speak to a house church) none scheduled yet.
Fairhaven Church (was told no)
Beavercreek Christian Church
Dayton Avenue Baptist
Grace Baptist Church Cedarville
First Church of Christ (Ledbetter Rd. Xenia)
Crosspoint Vineyard Church
Aley United Methodist Church
AHOP Church
Kirkmont Presbyterian Church
Xenia Grace Chapel
Shawnee Hills Baptist Church
First Church of the Nazarene (Xenia) I have not contacted this church yet!
Cornerstone Bible Church (Xenia)
Patterson Park Church
Northside Christian Church
Arrowbrook Baptist Church (scheduled Dec 20th @ 6:00 p.m.)
Freedom Baptist Temple
Bible Baptist Church (Xenia)
Stillwater United Methodist Church (Frederick Pike)
Stillwater United Methodist Church (Miller Lane)
Calvary Baptist Church (Xenia)
Kettering Church
New Song Fellowship
Oakcreek Worship Center (Scheduled Dec. 2nd @ 7:00 p.m.)



Thanks again for reading and praying, hope you all have a great thanksgiving.

Gary Phillips

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gary & family. Although I read your blog posts periodically, I have not read them all. I was wondering how one could make contributions to you & your family for your trip. You are an amazing family! ~Tracey

Photoman said...

Tracey,

You are so generous thank you for asking, you can either give directly to me or through my church. The info for my church is listed at the top of the blog just under the blog title. If you would prefer to give directly to us just let me know and I will give you my address. How are you doing, I hope you are well. Have a great thanksgiving.

Gary

Welcome to our blog.

This blog is an attempt to chronicle the things that God is doing for us and through us both here at home and while we are in Africa. We will be updating this blog weekly while we are home, Africa will be a different story. Due to unreliable electric and Internet we are not sure how often we will be able to but we plan to update daily if we are able.

If you would like to support us financially for this trip to Africa you can send checks to us through our church. Make Checks payable to Emmanuel Baptist Church with a note for West Africa Missions Outreach. Mailing address is 1120 S. Detroit St. Xenia, Ohio 45385 Phone is 937-372-5887.