Thursday, February 25, 2010

Life in Africa

Well part of life in Africa is getting used to the unexpected. We have not had internet now for the past 5 days, but we have had thunderstorms every evening now for the past 5 days. It is somewhat unusual for the rains to be here already, we are just about through the Harmattan season which brings us all the sand from the Sahara Dessert. After the Harmattan we are expecting the hot season, it has started out more like the rainy season which follows the hot season. At least it is supposed to, when I ask if this is normal I get all kind of responses so I am not sure if it is normal or not. It was very hot yesterday, one of the hottest days so far and if we are going into the hot season as we should I am told that the days will just get hotter. Which means we will sweat even more.

The internet is up and down as I write this message, it comes on for about 5 minutes and then goes of for about 15. I thought I would try to get this message typed up so that all would know we are doing o.k.

Please keep my parents in your prayers as I found out late Sunday that my father was in the hospital. Pray for both my mom and dad while I am away.

As soon as the internet is up and running normal, I will try to get some photos posted.

Gary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to finally hear from you again.....would love to hear a story or two of what God is doing through you or for you and your family....

Todd

Pitland Photography said...

Happy to hear from you again I was very worried about you and the family since I had not heard from you since the event with the bugs and your feet....Sorry to hear about your Dad being in the hospital. I am going to stop and check on your Mom on Monday, March 1st. to see how she is doing and if I can do anything for her. Bev and I enjoyed the photos.

Welcome to our blog.

This blog is an attempt to chronicle the things that God is doing for us and through us both here at home and while we are in Africa. We will be updating this blog weekly while we are home, Africa will be a different story. Due to unreliable electric and Internet we are not sure how often we will be able to but we plan to update daily if we are able.

If you would like to support us financially for this trip to Africa you can send checks to us through our church. Make Checks payable to Emmanuel Baptist Church with a note for West Africa Missions Outreach. Mailing address is 1120 S. Detroit St. Xenia, Ohio 45385 Phone is 937-372-5887.