Monday, March 15, 2010

Ugly but Cool!

This is not the first time in my life that I have been this close to a live scorpion but I don't remember the last time. When I was very young (you would have to ask my mom to know exactly how old) maybe about 3 years old, I was caught in the bathroom of our house chasing a scorpion around trying to catch it. I never did as my mom caught me first but not this time. My mom is still in America so she couldn't stop me from catching this guy. We found him at the Bible College where I have been spending my days working. He was under and old tire and Chad moved it there he was. I had brought a container to catch some tadpoles but instead I used it for him. Brought him home and showed him to the family, my wife was not to pleased. It's a good thing she wasn't at the Bible College!





Yes folks he was alive when I took these pictures. He didn't live much longer once our guard who has been stung twice by scorpions found him. Sorry animal lovers, I would have let him go but it happened very fast.

Gary Phillips


1 comment:

Jack_R_Young said...

Kelly I am with you!!Glad Jack doesn't bring home any such critters!
Lori

Welcome to our blog.

This blog is an attempt to chronicle the things that God is doing for us and through us both here at home and while we are in Africa. We will be updating this blog weekly while we are home, Africa will be a different story. Due to unreliable electric and Internet we are not sure how often we will be able to but we plan to update daily if we are able.

If you would like to support us financially for this trip to Africa you can send checks to us through our church. Make Checks payable to Emmanuel Baptist Church with a note for West Africa Missions Outreach. Mailing address is 1120 S. Detroit St. Xenia, Ohio 45385 Phone is 937-372-5887.